2013 DMTS Directory Photo Contest
Deadline: December 3, 12:00pm CST
Email submissions to: email@example.com
1) Grand Prize Winner
2) People’s Choice Award (total “likes”)
Terms & Conditions:
By entering into the DMTS 2013 Telephone Directory Photography Competition (the “Competition”) you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- In order to enter the Competition you are required to email your personal details and an original photograph taken from Dryden or the surrounding area to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entrants shall be automatically entered into the competition.
- The opening date for the Competition is November 20, 2012 and the closing date is at 12:00 (CST) on December 3, 2012. No Entries will be accepted either before the opening date or after the closing date. Entries are limited to three (3) entries per person. DMTS reserves the right to accept only three entries per person, at its discretion, without consulting with the entrant .
- Entrants represent that they are over 18 years old or have parental consent and are Canadian citizens.
NOTE: DMTS reserves the right to discard any winning Entries which it subsequently discovers do not fulfil these criteria. The Competition is specifically closed to employees of DMTS and any associated companies, and their families.
4. NO PURCHASE OF ANY SORT IS NECESSARY TO TAKE PART IN THIS COMPETITION.
5. Your Entry must not infringe the intellectual property of any third party. This includes the use of third party trademarks, images and/or copyright. By submitting your Entry, you warrant that the work comprising the Entry was created by you. Your Entry shall not comprise of anything which is obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, abusive, profane or otherwise unlawful. All Entries will be screened by DMTS staff and DMTS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to removing and disqualifying any Entry from the “Website” which it believes is in breach of this clause.
6. DMTS reserves the right to alter or amend all Entries.
7. By submitting your Entry, you warrant that you shall procure the necessary consents, licences and other such authorisations from any third party (including without limitation any models or members of the public) that may form part of your Entry.
8. DMTS shall be under no obligation to accept damaged, illegible or defaced Entries or Entries that cannot be uploaded and you agree that proof of uploading or emailing your Entry shall not be proof of DMTS’s receipt of any Entry. DMTS shall not be responsible for any Entry which is lost or damaged in transit.
- By entering the Competition you agree that any winning Entry may be used by DMTS (and its partners) for the marketing and promotion of this and future competitions (“Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes”).
- You hereby acknowledge that DMTS may have to crop and re-size the Winning Entries as necessary for Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
- The Winners’ names shall appear on all Winning Entries reproduced for Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
- You hereby grant DMTS a non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide licence for each Winning Entry in all media for the uses described in 9(b) above for 2 (two) years following the date of announcement of the Winners.
- DMTS shall contact you and afford you the opportunity to negotiate the terms of any additional usage of Entries falling outside of Competition Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
10. The Winners of the Competition shall be selected by a judging panel. The Panel’s decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. The “liking” process carried out by members of the public via the Website shall be for persuasive value only.
- The Panel shall select two (2) winners from the Entries at the end of the Competition: one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) People’s Choice Winner.
- Grand Prize Winner will receive a cheque in the amount of $500.00 (five hundred dollars) and a credit to their DMTS account equal to the current monthly rate for the DMTS Talk Lots package for 12 consecutive months beginning June 1, 2013
- People’s Choice Winner will receive a credit to their DMTS account equal to the current monthly rate for the DMTS Talk Lots package for 12 consecutive months beginning June 1, 2013
11. Prizes will be awarded to entrants who are DMTS customers.
12. The Winners shall be notified of their success by telephone or email no later than December 15, 2012. The Winners’ name and winning Entry will also be announced on the Website. The Winners agree to take part in post-Competition publicity at DMTS’s reasonable request. If a Winner cannot be contacted by December 15, 2012, the Panel reserves the right to select another Winner. On notification the Winner shall also be required to sign a licence to consent to the exact use of their entry by DMTS.
13. The Competition Prize may be altered or varied at the DMTS’s sole discretion and substituted with a prize which, in the DMTS’s sole opinion, is a suitable alternative. No cash alternatives are available and prize is non-transferable. Even if Entrant’s photos are not selected as the winning entry they may still be contacted by DMTS in regard to the use of their photo for other marketing and promotional purposes.
14. DMTS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
15. DMTS and its content providers have tried to make the information on the Website as accurate as possible, but it is provided ‘as is’ and DMTS and its content providers accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (like visas, health and safety,) before you travel.