There is software available that will scan your computer for spyware and adware. The more popular programs available on the Internet today are:
- Ad-aware: will comprehensively scan your computer’s memory, registry, hard, removable and optical drives for known datamining, aggressive advertising, and tracking components
- Spybot: Spybot – Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of various kinds from your computer
- SpywareBlaster: prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted intrusions
- CWshredder: used for removing CoolWebSearch, fixing redirections when mistyping URLs, Internet Explorer slowdowns when typing and Internet Explorer homepage changing on reboot
- Google Toolbar: eliminate pop-ups, search the web from any site and fill in forms with one click. No need to install upgrades as it updates automatically
- Yahoo Toolbar: blocks pop-ups, search from anywhere online and save your bookmarks to be accessed from any computer
These programs must be downloaded and then installed onto your computer. They may then be used to scan your computer for any spyware software. Either adware program will then list the spyware programs found on your computer and can automatically remove them from your system.
Please Note:This software is not supported by DMTS and is linked on our page for your convenience only. If you require any assistance with this software please contact the software vendor directly.
For more detailed information on spyware, adware or related programs you can do a search on Google.ca