Before You Call Internet Support
DMTS is Dryden’s leading provider of Internet services. We provide professional technical support to our Internet customers Monday – Friday 8am-8pm. For your reference we’ve included some quick and helpful support information.
Before you call.
To save time, try the following common solutions to solve your connection problem.
- Restart your computer
- Check all cables and cords to ensure they are securely in place
- For DMTS High Speed Internet users, try restarting the High Speed modem by turning the modem off (either by unplugging it or by depressing the power button at the back of the modem). Wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Visit various websites to determine if the problem is specific to the one website.
- If using Microsoft Windows be sure to complete all necessary Windows Updates.
- Update your anti-virus program and run a system scan.
- Make note of any software, firewalls or routers you have recently installed on your computer and consider disconnecting each one to identify the possible root of the problem.
- If you have any static, popping or crackling when on a voice call, this indicates that you may have a problem with your phone line. Please call DMTS to have this investigated.
- Try using as short a telephone cord as possible from your modem to your phone jack. Over 10-12 feet will degrade the signal quality for your dialup connection.
- Ensure you have the most up-to-date modem drivers installed for your particular modem. These can be obtained by contacting your hardware vendor. If you are using a V.90 or V.92 modem, you can also try disabling it by using an initialization string. Hardware vendors will frequently place modem driver software and initialization strings on their websites for free download.