CRTC – Complaints
You also have the right to complain to the phone company if you have any problems with the service you receive. If you have a dispute or complaint, the first step is to speak to your phone company. If the representative handling your call cannot resolve the problem to your satisfaction, you can ask to speak to the service manager or a supervisor in the customer service department.
If you are still not satisfied with the answer you are getting, you can contact the CRTC. The CRTC will ask the phone company to respond to your concern shortly thereafter. You should receive the phone company’s response within 20 days. If the CRTC is not satisfied with the phone company’s response, it may investigate the matter further.
If you wish to register a complaint, or want to find out more about your rights in general, you can contact the CRTC by:
- Telephone (toll-free): 1-877-249-CRTC (2782)
- Telephone for TDD users (toll-free): 1-877-909-2782
- Facsimile: 1-819-994-0218
- CRTC Internet address: http://www.crtc.gc.ca
- Mailing address: CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2